Sunday, November 05, 2006

Blog changes ... and rain



I changed the title of my blog today to reflect the fact that I want to publish more than just about things that happen in my classroom. The previous title was "Mr. Darragh's Class".

Today was the second day of the projected three day rain/wind experience for Washington. It was rained over 2.5 inches in just 2 days! Snoqualmie Falls is raging, and flooding is predicted for low lying areas such as Skagit Valley. In anticipation of this deluge, I worked on our roof and gutters today. Our carport basically needs a new roof, but it will do for now, and our shed needed a few repairs.

Tomorrow might be a big day at school. I applied for a Lego NXT Mindstorm kit through a grant provided by a community member. I think I will receive it, and am really looking forward to learning how to use it, and then use it in my classroom. Tomorrow in class we begin a new math investigation, and start memoir writing. Soon, I hope to get the kids outside and use the GPS devices that PTA bought for my class a couple of years ago. The geocache that was placed two years ago was recently muggled, so it is time to place a new one with this class.

1 comment:

Southworth Sailor said...

Great! We expect to see regular postings now, Mr Darragh.