Monday, September 29, 2008

End of Summer, Start of School

I have taken a break from blogging for the last few months. Steph and I had a great end to the summer. I had some wonderful nights out back with the telescope, and have definitely caught "aperture fever". I've found most of the things I can with my telescope, and want something bigger, but it will have to wait... We went camping with my parents and reluctantly started the school year. Class is going well, and I think that my 7th year of teaching 6th grade is shaping up nicely. I have a very large class at 31, but the students are getting the hang of things. I am very busy at school. My old principal talked me into leading the safety patrol this year. It isn't too much work, but there seems to be a little thing every day. I was also talked into being the technology liaison for my school. basically, it is plugging in cords and helping people do things like check email. It comes with a very small stipend, but will be the first thing I drop when life gets busy. Steph and I recently got motivated to make sure we are healthy. We were able to get a wii this summer for cheap on craigslist, and picked up a wii fit last weekend. I've done it a few times, and it seems pretty cool. I will probably be blogging more often...

No comments: