Friday, July 02, 2010

Rock 'n Roll 1/2 Marathon


Last Saturday I ran the Seattle Rock'n Roll 1/2 Marathon, 13.1 miles from to Tukwilla to Qwest Field. I failed to train very well at all, so finishing was a reasonable goal. Almost 3 three years I completed the Seattle 1/2 marathon in 2:01, so I thought that maybe I would be around 2:20 or 2:30 for this one. I finished in 2:25 and still had some gas left in the tank.

It was a beautiful run, especially around Seward park and Lake Washington Blvd. Lots of bands and watering stations were set up along the route and it really made it more fun. In the I-90 tunnel the loud music from the DJ set up there echoed and made running through the tunnel a really unique and fun experience.

Three of my friends who I went with ran the entire marathon. I was just fine with the 1/2, thank you. Although, it was inspiring to watch them cross the finish line after such a long distance. On the way home we stopped at Claim Jumpers in Southcenter. It was really great food, I hadn't been there in years.

I think I am up for the event again because it was so well organized and fun - hopefully next time I will find time to train. I'd like to finish sub 2 hours, maybe even around 1:45 - 1:50.

No comments: