Monday, August 13, 2007

Northwest Passage 07

Several weeks ago our team, the "Sole Mates", ran the Northwest Passage Relay from Blaine to Langley. A total of 189 miles. The total length was divided up among the twelve members, and we each had to run three separate legs. My legs totaled just under 18 miles. I ran the hardest I've ever run in a race, and set some personal bests on two of my legs. The entire experience was simply incredible. My final leg began at 4:45 am and was 7.8 miles long. During the run I ran near the shore of Puget Sound. The Sun was just rising, and it was so inspiring. My dad drove one of the Suburbans, and it was a wonderful time with him. He drove like a pro, and helped our team accomplish our goal! Thanks Dad!

Chad and I put together a video of the run, cliché music and all. Enjoy!

No comments: