Sunday, November 04, 2007

Frustrating Discrepancy

I've been using a Nike+ system to help me keep tack of my running. It is a little sensor that is on my shoe, and a receiver on my ipod. The sensor senses each stride taken, and sends the data to the ipod. Nike has a pretty great web site where I have all my run data logged. Today I went for a long run. I was planning on 10 miles, but when I got close to home, the Nike+ system said that I still had two to go. I was feeling pretty good, so I went for another 2 miles. I got home and compared the Nike+ data to the route I actually ran. A big difference. Nike+ says 10.25, Mapmyrun.com says 12.02. I'm not sure which is correct. My pace for 12.02 miles would've been 7:30/mile. I don't think that is right - too fast. So - I ran somewhere between 10 and 12 miles. Sometimes technology is great, sometimes not so much.

No comments: