Monday, November 26, 2007

Seattle Half-Marathon

Unofficial Time: 1:59:20

I ran my first 1/2 marathon Sunday with Chad and Melia. IT was a very cold morning, and I agonized right until start time about what to wear. Luckily it wasn't raining, and it turned out to be a beautiful day. The starting area was packed as close to 10,000 people began the 13.1 mile course. My goal was a finish time of 1:45 , which would put me at 8 minute miles. Unfortunately, the crowd was so dense and we started so far back, that I spent the first 3 miles just trying to find an open space to get moving in. Some of the hills were tough, but not to bad. The couse went through Leschi and and some other beautiful neighborhoods along Lake Washington. One cool part was running through the I-90 tunnel. I ran hard the whole race, trying to make up for the first 2 miles, which were 11 minutes apiece. As I neared Memorial Stadium, I realized that I would just barely make it under 2 hours. I pushed it really hard, and crossed the finish line at 1:59:20, according to my watch. Not so bad for my first half-marathon. Maybe I'll be back next year!

No comments: