Friday, January 12, 2007

A crazy few days


The past four days have been a bit wild for Stephanie and I. Both her sister and my mom had to go to the hospital for emergency surgical procedures. Thankfully, both are doing fine now, but the recovery will be a long one for my mom. We both ended up missing a day of work this week due to the emergencies. I took Wednesday off to be with my mom and help out my dad. I brought their two dogs back to Port Orchard with me, just ahead of the snow storm. I listened to the radio as the storm swept in from the north and snarled traffic in the whole area. It began to snow in earnest as I got to Port Orchard, and was sticking when I pulled into the driveway. I just beat it. This district couldn't seem to make a timely decision, but finally cancelled school at 8:40 on Thursday. Friday was also cancelled. Together with the half-day we missed before Christmas, we will definitely be going to school into another week in June. Darn it. With the day that I took off, I'll have a six day break from my class. What was going to be a very productive full week in class was demoliished. The three dogs, Toby, Emily, and Holly are having a good time, and settling into a routine at our house. They love the snow and race around like maniacs.

No comments: