Sunday, January 28, 2007

Poundin' the Pavement

In high school, running was part of my life in the form of cross-country and track. It is now over 10 years later, and I am starting up again. Motivation is a problem for me, I just haven't been able to make it a habit - but now I am on the way. Two things have helped: A friend's invitation to run a team relay this summer, and the Nike+ kit for my ipod. Accountability from a friend and fellow runner is very powerful. There is nothing like the question, "So, how did your run go?" The Nike+ kit is also very cool. It has allowed me to set a goal, and track my progress, plus it is a pretty hip techie gadget. Lance Armstrong HIMSELF congratulates me on my effort! It is worth every penny of the $30 price tag. I don't have a lot of endurance and speed yet, but I will get there.

No comments: